Around here, warm weather means lobster season. While the nights are still somewhat chilly, this is a perfect time of year to make a hearty, rich dish like the classic lobster mac. This is an all time favorite among our crew and it’s guaranteed to satisfy the even hungriest seafood fans out there.
Sanders Lobster Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- 1 pound Barilla Large Shells or Penne, cooked al dente
- 2 pounds fresh lobster meat, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large Vidalia onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons “Better than Bouillon” Lobster Base
- 4 1/2 cups skim milk
- 8 – 10 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Gruyere (or Provolone), grated
- 8 ounces Parmesan, grated
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
In a large pot, sauté onion in 2 Tbsp. butter until translucent.
Add minced garlic and cook a minute longer.
Stir in 6 Tbsp. butter and 6 Tbsp. flour to make a roux.
Add milk and lobster base, and whisk until thickened.
Whisk in cheeses until melted and smooth.
Fold in pasta and lobster meat.
Pour mixture into buttered 4-quart baking dish.
Sprinkle top with mixture of Panko, paprika, and parsley.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes until bubbly and lightly
Do not overcook. Serves 10-12.